Friday, March 27, 2009

Tom and Jerry Batter

I have not made this recipe myself but it came from a little bar in Merrill Wisconsin (I think Linda's). I fell in love I couldnt get enough of it and she gave me the recipe before I left. Yummm
12 eggs separated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lb butter at room temp
3 lbs powdered sugar
1 teaspoon rum flavoring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon allspice, mace, nutmeg and cloves (not too sure about these)

for drink shot of brandy, shot of rum and boiling water to fill mug

bear whites till stiff, add salt,
beat yolks till light, cream butter with sugar and mix till crumbly. add egg yolk and flavoring and spices fold into egg whites.

batter will keep for several weeks in the fridge and may be frozen for several months
use heaping tablespoon for each drink add batter first then add rum and brandy and boiling water into a coffee mug

No comments:

Post a Comment